BH Spa M.D.
We believe in the preservation and rejuvenation of the face in all aspects from surgical to skin care. Whether you are preparing for a surgical procedure or maintaining your skin with regular medical grade facials, we believe skin care plays a vital role within our practice. Clinical aesthetician services and medical grade skin care are easily integrated into anyone’s beauty regime and completely customizable for each patient’s skin needs. BH Spa M.D. is our in-house service to provide our patients with the tools they need to have the most ultimate result and maintain beauty for life.
When patients come into your practice, they may be overwhelmed by the number of skin care products available. They may ask, “What do I need?” At SkinMedica®, we make it easy with a designated regimen of at-home skin essentials and in-office peels.
Patients usually have a variety of skin care needs. Our goal at SkinMedica® is to address each and every one. That’s why we recommend the GRASS regimen, including: Growth factors, Retinols, Antioxidants, Specialty products (ie, brighteners), and Sun protection.
- Contains the patented physiologically balanced growth factor blend—TNS®
- Helps improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, skin tone and texture
- Helps support the foundation of skin
- TNS® (Human Fibroblast Conditioned Media)
- Matrix proteins
- Soluble collagen
- Delivers similar cosmetic results to prescription tretinoin1
- Uses a multimodal approach to address multiple pathways that impact rejuvenation
- Minimized irritation for greater tolerability1
- Dunaliella salina
- Magnolia grandiflora
- Palmitoyl tripeptide-8
- Vitamins C and E work synergistically to fight free radicals and improve the appearance of skin tone
- Silicone suspension system prevents oxidation and delivers vitamins C and E to skin throughout the day
- Improves the appearance of skin texture and firmness
- Aqueous vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid)
- Lipid vitamin C (tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate)
- Tocopherol (oil soluble form of vitamin E)
For mild skin imperfections
- Increases skin glow and radiance
- Enhances skin and restores a more youthful appearance
- Improves clarity, color, and skin texture
- Little or no visible peeling
What to expect
Immediately after the peel and up to 24 hours
- Most patients leave the office looking healthy and fresh
- Some patients may experience mild facial redness and edema for about 1 hour after the treatment
- Any redness or discoloration can be covered with makeup
Next day to 4 days after the procedure
- Skin should look normal the next day
- Patients should not expect to see visible peeling
- Occasionally, some patients may have very minor flaking 3 to 4 days after the procedure
For mild to moderate skin imperfections
- Addresses visible signs of mild to moderate skin imperfections, including the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, and melasma
- Minimal downtime
- Most popular SkinMedica® peel, with noticeable results after 1 treatment
For moderate to severe skin imperfections
- Addresses visible signs of moderate to severe skin imperfections, including the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, and melasma
- Minimal downtime
- Strongest SkinMedica® peel, delivering compelling results with moderate irritation
AND REJUVENIZE PEEL™
What to expect
Immediately after the peel and up to 24 hours
- Skin may be tight and more red than usual
- Skin may feel tacky and have a yellow to orange tinge. This is temporary and will fade in a few hours
- Patients should wait until bedtime before washing the face
24 hours after the peel until peeling is complete
- Skin may be tight until it starts to peel
- Peeling will generally start between 48 and 72 hours after the procedure
- Peeling can last 2 to 5 days
THE IMPORTANCE OF A PROPER REGIMENT
A proper skincare regimen is essential for healthy, youthful skin. Although the specific products depend on skin type and skin concerns, every effective regimen must include three fundamental elements—Prevention, Protection, and Correction. At SkinCeuticals, our product philosophy and consumer education programs are built around these principles. These three steps address and minimize the visible effects that environmental aggressors have on skin.
To “Prevent” the appearance of accelerated skin aging, it’s imperative to use a daily topical antioxidant. This targeted range of vitamin C serums prevents and neutralizes age-accelerating free radicals generated by UV rays, pollution, and other factors like alcohol consumption and cigarette smoke.
Photodamage created by the sun is the number-one cause of the appearance of accelerated skin aging and may lead to skin cancer; therefore, it is essential to “Protect” skin with sunscreen. SkinCeuticals offers a full range of broad spectrum sunscreens designed for different skin types, concerns, and lifestyles in order to shield skin from UV rays.
To improve the appearance of lines, wrinkles, discoloration, and other visible signs of aging, SkinCeuticals offers products designed to “Correct”. These potent skincare products are formulated with powerful ingredients and advanced technologies to support a healthy, youthful complexion.
These three components ensure an effective skincare regimen for maintaining and improving the overall health and appearance of skin.
A SkinCeuticals skincare professional can create a customized skincare regimen that is tailored to every unique skin type and concern. These professionals are extensively trained in the science behind SkinCeuticals and can prescribe additional in-office treatments that make it possible to achieve one’s skincare goals. Think of a SkinCeuticals skincare professional as an essential partner for healthy, beautiful skin.
EltaMD sunscreens help prevent sunburn and decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun, when used with other sun protection measures. EltaMD sunscreens are formulated with transparent zinc oxide and are noncomedogenic, sensitivity-free, fragrance-free and paraben-free. All EltaMD lotion and cream sunscreens and UV Aero spray sunscreen are now recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as effective broad-spectrum sunscreens.
EltaMD broad-spectrum sunscreens provide safe, broad-spectrum ultraviolet (UV) protection. A broad-spectrum sunscreen helps prevent sunburn and if used as directed with other sun protection measures, decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun. Ultraviolet, or UV rays, are part of the invisible energy that comes from the sun. UVA (aging) rays account for 95% of our sun exposure. They cause skin aging and contribute to skin cancer. UVA rays penetrate deeply into the skin layers, damaging collagen and cells which leads to wrinkling, hyperpigmentation and loss of elasticity. UVB (burning) rays mostly affect the outer layer of the skin. They cause sunburns and tanning that increase the risk of skin cancer and other disorders. The risk for skin cancer doubles in people who have had five or more sunburns. Skin Cancer Foundation (Nov. 2010)
When wearing EltaMD sunscreens, the UVA and UVB rays reflect and scatter away from your skin, providing you protection from sunburn. EltaMD sunscreens help prevent sunburn and, if used as directed with other sun protection measures, decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
All EltaMD sunscreens are formulated with zinc oxide, a natural, mineral compound. Because zinc maintains its protective ability in the sun, it is more photostable than some chemical ingredients that may degrade. Zinc sunscreen blocks the widest spectrum of UVA and UVB rays, protecting skin against burning and the premature appearance of aging and risk of skin cancer. Zinc is safe for even the most sensitive skin types.
Hear what our
clients have to say
I was injured on January 7, 2012 in a mo-ped/scooter accident in Cozumel, Mexico. My entire body head to toe (literally) endured horrendous road rash, my nose broke & plenty more. The level of care I received from dr Zoumalan & his entire office was/is truly indescribable but I shall try!
It’s been a year since my septoplasty and rhinoplasty and I am extremely happy with my results.Not only has my breathing dramatically improved, I am sleeping better than ever. I feel healthier and it has significantly changed my exercise routine. I can definitely push myself harder and my workouts are longer and more efficient. Best part is I don’t get that winded feeling or stuffy or runny nose while running. I didn’t realize how many aspects of my life would change after the surgery.
I had a Face and Neck Lift on December 3rd, 2014. Dr. Zoumalan does excellent work! He is very thorough in explaining the procedure, and has an excellent bedside manner. I am so happy with my result. I would highly recommend Dr. Zoumalan.
So when I met with Richard Zoumalan, I gave him a picture of me when I was 42, and I said, “That’s what I want. Is that possible?” And he said, “Yes!” He explained what he’d do, and how he would do it. I had surgery less than a month ago, and amazingly, I look almost exactly like me, only about 25 years younger.
Past Life Love
Dr. Richard Zoumalan performed an exceptional revisional rhinoplasty of my nose. I have a history of chronic sinusitis and have had several sinus surgeries and 2 rhinoplasties in hopes to correct my problem. My original rhinoplasty was done to correct a severely deviated septum.
The Cutting Edge
Over 50 Medical Articles Published throughout the most notable medical journals.